Bogazici University, Mechanical Engineering
Istanbul, Turkey - Sep. 2017 to present
- GPA: 3.86/4.00
- Captain of Bogazici University Ski Team (2022-2023)
Sep. 2017 to present
The University of Texas at Austin, Mechanical Engineering, Student Exchange Program
Austin, TX, USA - Aug. 2021 to Jan. 2022
- GPA: 4.00/4.00
Austin, TX, USA
Aug. 2021 to Jan. 2022
Turkish Aerospace Industries, Mechanical Engineering Intern
Ankara, Turkey - Aug. 2022 to Sep. 2022
- Turkish Aerospace Industries is the largest aviation and space company in Turkey that designs, develops, and manufactures aircraft, aerospace systems, and aerostructures.
- Observed the final assembly process of a supersonic aircraft TAI Hürjet and wrote a report for possible design improvements for the installation process.
Aug. 2022 to Sep. 2022
Simularge, Mechanical Engineering Intern
Istanbul, Turkey - Jun. 2022 to Aug. 2022
- Simularge is a technology company that provides web-based engineering applications to simulate and optimize products and manufacturing tools.
- Modeled and simulated a metal-forming process deep drawing using finite element analysis with CalculiX.
Jun. 2022 to Aug. 2022
Aselsan, Mechanical Engineering Intern
Ankara, Turkey - Jul. 2021 to Aug. 2021
- Aselsan is the largest defense electronics company in Turkey and is listed as one of the top 100 defense companies in the world (Defense News Top 100).
- Designed and analyzed a truss structure to ensure excellent dynamic performance for an optical measurement system using ANSYS and Siemens NX.
Jul. 2021 to Aug. 2021
An Ion Thruster Simulation Program: Ionizer
Istanbul, Turkey - Apr. 2022 to present
- Write an ion thruster simulation program using C++ that solves the electrostatic field inside and moves the ions with the molecular PIC-DSMC approach under the supervision of Professor Murat Çelik.
- Projects details: github.com/sinaatalay/Ionizer
Apr. 2022 to present
Design and Construction of a Dynamometer
Istanbul, Turkey - Fall 2022
- Designed and constructed a dynamometer for small DC motors that is currently being used at Bogazici University's laboratories.
- Projects details: sinaatalay.com/projects/design-of-a-dynamometer
Design and Construction of an Automatic Guitar Tuner
Istanbul, Turkey - Fall 2020
- Designed, built, and programmed a microcontroller-based device that tunes a guitar with DC motors.
- Projects details: sinaatalay.com/projects/automatic-guitar-tuner
Istanbul, Turkey - Summer 2020
- Instructed the entire "Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics" course on YouTube (200,000+ views).
- Projects details: youtube.com/c/SinaAtalay
Machine Learning by Stanford University
- Sep. 2022
- Course Certificate: coursera.org/verify/MZDLHBUQSULA
CAE: CalculiX, Abaqus
OS: Windows, Ubuntu
Other tools: Git, Premake, HTML, CSS
Languages: English (Advanced, TOEFL IBT: 113/120), Turkish (Native)
Alacati Surf Paradise Club (ASPC), Windsurfing Instructor
Izmir, Turkey - Summer 2019 and 2020
- Taught windsurfing during summers as a Turkish Sailing Federation certified windsurfing instructor.
Summer 2019 and 2020